Code of Conduct☍
Cutie City is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience. We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
This code of conduct applies to all Cutie City spaces, including public channels, private channels, and direct communication, both online and offline. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the administrator.
Just so we're clear...
Examples of actions that contribute to a healthy community include:
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness to others
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from those experiences
- Focusing on what's best not just for ourselves as individuals, but for the overall community
We do not tolerate harassment in any form. Examples of harassment include:
- Offensive comments related to age, body size, visible or invisible disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, immigration status, nationality, personal appearance, race, ethnicity, caste, color, religion, or sexual identity and orientation
- Unwelcome comments regarding others' lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment
- Deliberate misgendering, using "dead" or rejected names, or refusing to use the correct pronouns for anyone
- Microaggressions, which take the form of everyday jokes, put-downs, and/or insults that carry judgmental or stereotypical implications towards marginalized groups
- Threats, deliberate intimidation, or incitement of violence (including encouraging anyone to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm)
- Unwelcome sexual attention, or gratuitous sexual images/behaviors in spaces where they aren't appropriate
- Physical contact or simulated physical contact (including textual descriptions such as "*hug*" or "*backrub*") without consent, or after a request to stop
- Patterns of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting or assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Persistent communication (or disruption of others' communication) after a request to stop
- Stalking or unwelcome following (e.g. across websites or communication methods)
- Logging or investigating someone's online activity for harassment purposes
- Nonconsensual photography or recording, including posting pictures or videos of others for harassment purposes
- Deliberate "outing" of any aspect of anyone's identity or private communications without their consent, except as necessary to protect vulnerable people from intentional abuse
The administrator will not act on complaints about:
- Alleged reverse-isms, including "reverse racism", "reverse sexism", and "cisphobia"
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as "leave me alone", "go away", or "I'm not discussing this with you"
- Communicating in a "tone" you don't find congenial
- Criticism of racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions
If you find yourself reaching to complain about any of these things, you're the problem.
If you are being harassed by a member of Cutie City, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the administrator directly (via DM or email) and/or file a report using Mastodon's built-in system (click the "…" button on a post for the "Report" option).
The administrator reserves the right to exclude people from Cutie City based on their past behavior, including behavior outside Cutie City spaces and behavior towards people who are not members of Cutie City. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
When asked to cease any harassing behavior, participants are expected to comply immediately. Depending on the severity and persistency of the harassment, the administrator may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Cutie City spaces as well as identification of the participant as a harasser to other Cutie City members or the general public.
The administrator reserves the right to update this page at any time, at their discretion. Nontrivial updates will be communicated via posts from the official Cutie City @admin account. If you have any concerns about (or suggestions for) this code of conduct, please contact the administrator.
This code of conduct was adapted from that of Friend Camp, which in turn was adapted from that of LGBTQ in Technology. Both of those sources use the Creative Commons Zero license, which means their contents are in the public domain.